Thursday, November 6, 2008

Just When I Think I Have it All Together!

Yesterday, I got so much done at work! I left feeling quite satisfied with myself. We stopped on the way home to get a few things at the store. I bought just what I needed to make a slow cooker dinner for tonight. I then went home and cleaned a little. I remembered my sister's birthday is Saturday and I want to make her a purse like mine so I went and got material, feeling quite good about planning ahead! I came home and made dinner which involved making over leftovers into something new. This made me feel quite organized and thrifty. I put together the slow cooker dinner for today and at this point I was feeling very smug! Then at about 7:05, I remembered that not more than 2 hours earlier, I had talked to Donna and planned to do some Relief Society visiting at 7:00. I even said I would drive! I blew out of the house pretty fast and pretended like I was just running a little late. So much for being on top of things!

How old are you before you can claim to have senior moments? I don't really want to claim to be a senior, but I am not sure I want to go with stupid.......

2 comments:

Kristanne said...

I've been having lots of Senior moments lately - I like to believe it is called stress factor - or kid memory loss. I have been a mom for so long, if I do something that doesn't involve them I forget! It's their fault.

Melissa said...

This makes me laugh because I was thinking about posting a similar story... But I'm not going to now because then I REALLY will be turning into you!! Ha ha! Just kidding. Love ya, Mom!