Friday, February 20, 2009

Last Child Party!

Andrew had to enter the science fair a few weeks ago. We did a great project on plants and he was pretty happy with the results. The big news is that when the Science Fair was over, I came to the astounding realization that IT WAS THE LAST ONE!!! No more 5th grade science fairs! I was doing the happy dance all over the school. This truly gives away what a fabulous mother I am!

Last night, was Andrew's 5th Grade Patriotic Program. It was very nicely done and the kids are still young enough to be cute. I then realized that another last child thing was over! I was a little sad about it being the last singing program, but then I thought no more making costumes (although I did cheat on this one and had Andrew wear the same costume Jordan wore in 5th grade), no more practices and no more sitting in the hot school! I guess I still have the 6th grade stuff to go, but not programs!



The good news is that I can go to see the grandchildren's things when I feel nostalgic, but I won't have to actually "do" them!

3 comments:

It all began here said...

Jill, I thought the same thing, at the science fair and went to the program not really wanting to. As they sang the songs I have heard 3 other times, it made me teary.

How can our babies be in 5th grade? What happened?

Thoma Lee & Ron Olsen said...

Wow Jill - I had put this so far out of my mind until I saw your blog this morning. I literally can't even think about 5th Grade again - Jayden is learning how to read - and count - and floss..it's painful but necessary I guess. We're going to Parent-Teacher Conference next week - only 24 more for Jayden plus 26 for Kaylee - nice little blessings! All I can really say is WOW............

Kristanne said...

I still have one more to look forward to which is good and bad. They did do a great job though. And Ethan really, really enjoyed it.